Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This one comes from Food Network's Jamie Oliver. A rich, decadent dessert without too much fuss. Time is a rough estimate as it's been a while since we made this.
- 1 cup light cream
- 7 ounces semisweet chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons butter
- In a thick-bottomed pot, heat the cream until near boiling. Remove and set aside for 1 minute.
- Stir in chocolate until melted and smooth. Once melted, stir in egg yolks and brandy.
- Cool slightly, add butter and stir until smooth and shiny. Pour into individual serving pots.
- Sometimes if you add the butter when the chocolate isn't cool enough it will make the chocolate look as if it has split. To rectify this allow the mixture to cool a little longer before stirring in some cold milk, a little at a time, until you have a smooth consistency again.