1/3 Photos of Chocolate Potluck Cake
Recipe from "Chocolate from the Cake Mix Doctor...) by: Anne Byrn. The first time I made this recipe, I only had walnuts and dark brown sugar on hand, but the recipe still turned out great!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 package plain devil's food cake mix
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt or 1 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
- 3Place cake mix, yogurt, water, oil, and eggs in a mixing bowl.
- 4Using an electric mixer, blend on low speed for 1 minute.
- 5Scrape the sides of the bowl, and mix on medium speed for 2 minutes more.
- 6Pour the batter into the baking pan and spread evenly with a spatula.
- 7Stir together the pecans, brown sugar, and chocolate chips.
- 8Sprinkle this mixture over the top of the cake, and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until it springs back when lightly pressed with your finger.
- 9Remove the cake from the oven and cool for 20 minutes on a wire rack.
- 10Serve slightly warm.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Potluck Cake
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.9
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 32.3 mg
- Sodium 236.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 16.9 g
- Protein 3.3 g