Recipe by mikellee31
This is a very easy cake! It is super rich and moist and it smells DELICIOUS when it's cooking! The author post a warning: Do NOT bake this cake while someone you wish would leave it at your house!Newspaper Article called "Home Cookin'" by Carol Gimbel in the Bethany, OK Tribune
Top Review by Realtor by day, Chef by night
My family loved this cake! It was really moist, dense and not sickeningly sweet. I drizzled it with bitter sweet chocolate ganache. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe! I've had it printed out and have been wanting to make it for over 2 years. I'm so glad I finally had the chance to make it. It's a keeper.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces chocolate chips, melted
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup hot water
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven.
- Grease and flour bundt cake pan well.
- Mix all filling ingredients in large bowl, set aside.
- In 2nd large bowl mix all dry cake ingredients then add remaining ingredients and blend until batter is smooth.
- Pour half of the cake batter into bundt pan, spoon filling over the batter, then pour the remaining cake batter over the filling.
- Bake for about 60 minutes.
- Cool 10, then invert on a plate. Let cool. Filling is very hot when it comes out of the oven.
- To serve, drizzle with chocolate syrup and add a scoop of ice cream.