Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a very easy cake! It is super rich and moist and it smells DELICIOUS when it's cooking! The author post a warning: Do NOT bake this cake while someone you wish would leave it at your house!Newspaper Article called "Home Cookin'" by Carol Gimbel in the Bethany, OK Tribune
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces chocolate chips, melted
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup hot water
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven.
- Grease and flour bundt cake pan well.
- Mix all filling ingredients in large bowl, set aside.
- In 2nd large bowl mix all dry cake ingredients then add remaining ingredients and blend until batter is smooth.
- Pour half of the cake batter into bundt pan, spoon filling over the batter, then pour the remaining cake batter over the filling.
- Bake for about 60 minutes.
- Cool 10, then invert on a plate. Let cool. Filling is very hot when it comes out of the oven.
- To serve, drizzle with chocolate syrup and add a scoop of ice cream.
My family loved this cake! It was really moist, dense and not sickeningly sweet. I drizzled it with bitter sweet chocolate ganache. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe! I've had it printed out and have been wanting to make it for over 2 years. I'm so glad I finally had the chance to make it. It's a keeper.