Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Love chocolate doughnuts. These freeze well if you'd like to keep extra on hand.
Make and share this Chocolate Potato Doughnuts recipe from Food.com.
- Stir sugar, butter and potatoes into eggs and beat until creamy.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cocoa together.
- Alternately add milk and flour to egg mixture.
- Chill well for 2+ hours (overnight even).
- Roll 1/2 inch thick (*It is best to roll small amounts at a time and keep dough chilled as much as possible. Or you can roll, cut and return doughnut to fridge to keep chilled before frying. It makes it easier to handle).
- Cut out.
- Fry in hot fat (365 F) 3 minutes turning once.