Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A classic flavor combo
Make and share this Chocolate Pot De Crème With Orange Blossom Cream recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 9 egg yolks
- 1 vanilla bean, pulp only
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
Orange Blossom Cream
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 almond cookies (sables) or 1 apricot cookie (sables)
- Pot de crème: Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Combine cream with 2 tbsp of sugar in a saucepot.
- Bring to a simmer, while whisking continually.
- Add chocolate and stir until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and cover the saucepan.
- Allow to stand for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg yolks with remaining sugar, vanilla bean pulp and salt.
- Whisk in chocolate mixture and strain.
- Place 6 pot de crème cups in a large roasting pan.
- Divide mixture evenly between cups.
- Pour enough hot water in the pan to come halfway up the sides of cups or ramekins.
- Cover pan with foil and place in oven for about 20 minutes or until the custard has set around the edges.
- Remove from oven and remove dishes from pan.
- Allow to cool.
- Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Orange Blossom Cream: Chill a stainless steel bowl in refrigerator until very cold.
- Pour in heavy cream and whip to soft peaks.
- Add orange zest and continue to whisk until cream reaches stiff peaks.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Dollop a spoonful of cream on top of pot de crème.