A classic flavor combo
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 9 egg yolks
- 1 vanilla bean, pulp only
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
Orange Blossom Cream
- 1Pot de crème: Preheat oven to 325 F.
- 2Combine cream with 2 tbsp of sugar in a saucepot.
- 3Bring to a simmer, while whisking continually.
- 4Add chocolate and stir until melted and smooth.
- 5Remove from heat and cover the saucepan.
- 6Allow to stand for 30 minutes.
- 7In a large bowl, whisk egg yolks with remaining sugar, vanilla bean pulp and salt.
- 8Whisk in chocolate mixture and strain.
- 9Place 6 pot de crème cups in a large roasting pan.
- 10Divide mixture evenly between cups.
- 11Pour enough hot water in the pan to come halfway up the sides of cups or ramekins.
- 12Cover pan with foil and place in oven for about 20 minutes or until the custard has set around the edges.
- 13Remove from oven and remove dishes from pan.
- 14Allow to cool.
- 15Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- 16Orange Blossom Cream: Chill a stainless steel bowl in refrigerator until very cold.
- 17Pour in heavy cream and whip to soft peaks.
- 18Add orange zest and continue to whisk until cream reaches stiff peaks.
- 19Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 20Dollop a spoonful of cream on top of pot de crème.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Pot De Crème With Orange Blossom Cream
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 586.3
- Calories from Fat 517
- Total Fat 57.4 g
- Saturated Fat 34.1 g
- Cholesterol 473.4 mg
- Sodium 89.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: