Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A classic dessert
- 2⁄3 cup cream
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) package bittersweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons coffee, very strong
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 2 eggs
- In a small, heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, heat light cream just to boiling point; remove from heat.
- In a food processor or blender, add chocolate chips and process to make smaller pieces of chocolate.
- Add coffee, coffee liqueur or brandy, eggs, and hot cream; cover and blend at high speed for about 3 minutes until well blended.
- Pour into six demitasse cups or small custard cups.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, top with whipped cream; garnish with chocolate shavings and nuts.