Recipe by Miss Annie
These popovers would make a wonderful Valentine's Day breakfast treat. From Chocolate for Breakfast and Tea by Laura Zahn.
Top Review by LAURIE
Miss Annie, these are super! BF had a Christmas morning tradition with his ex of popovers.....so this year he arrives at my place with of all things a popover pan! I made plain ones and these, but these were by far the most outstanding. I used grated Gharadelli(sp) and we had with strawberry jam. BF who is by no means a chocolate person, said these popovers are AWESOME. Thats a plus in my book...TY
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons chocolate shavings (unsweetened)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Heavily grease 12 non-stick muffin cups or 6 non-stick popover pans.
- In a medium bowl, whisk or beat together eggs, milk, and butter.
- Add flour, shaved chocolate, and salt and beat until smooth.
- Divide batter between the 12 cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until puffed and crispy on top.
- Remove from oven and serve as soon as possible.
- If you like, garnish with chocolate curls and strawberries.