Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
These popovers would make a wonderful Valentine's Day breakfast treat. From Chocolate for Breakfast and Tea by Laura Zahn.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Heavily grease 12 non-stick muffin cups or 6 non-stick popover pans.
- In a medium bowl, whisk or beat together eggs, milk, and butter.
- Add flour, shaved chocolate, and salt and beat until smooth.
- Divide batter between the 12 cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until puffed and crispy on top.
- Remove from oven and serve as soon as possible.
- If you like, garnish with chocolate curls and strawberries.
Miss Annie, these are super! BF had a Christmas morning tradition with his ex of popovers.....so this year he arrives at my place with of all things a popover pan! I made plain ones and these, but these were by far the most outstanding. I used grated Gharadelli(sp) and we had with strawberry jam. BF who is by no means a chocolate person, said these popovers are AWESOME. Thats a plus in my book...TY
We loved these. Very light and airy. Served with a little raspberry jam... YUMMY !
MMM Miss Annie, I so enjoyed making these, since they were SO easy and tasted even better. We really like popovers and I have never made them with chocolate, what an excellent treat! I did what you suggested and served them with fresh strawberries, they were a BIG hit with my family. THANKS!