Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
These tempting bars are like a cookie bar and a popcorn ball all rolled into one.
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) packagepillsbury create 'n bake refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 4 nature Nature Valley Oats and Honey crunchy granola bars, crushed* (2 pouches from 8.9-oz box)
- 3 1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 (10 ounce) bag peanut butter chips
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) bagpop secret butter-flavor microwave popcorn, popped
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir in crushed granola bars. Press evenly in bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan to form crust. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until puffed and edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Immediately sprinkle with marshmallows. Return to oven; bake 1 to 2 minutes longer or until marshmallows begin to puff.
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat corn syrup, butter and peanut butter chips over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in popcorn (mixture will be thick). Spoon over marshmallows; spread evenly to just barely cover marshmallows. Cool 30 minutes.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips on High 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted, stirring once halfway through microwaving. Pour melted chocolate into quart-size resealable food-storage plastic bag. Cut off tiny bottom corner of bag; drizzle chocolate over bars. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 6 rows.