Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
this is quick, easy and sooooooooooo good. you won't be able to keep your paws out of the bowl!
Make and share this Chocolate Popcorn recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup popcorn
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil (or grapeseed or vegetable)
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate syrup (trader joe's Midnight Moo works well)
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Heat oil - covered, in a large stockpot, over medium-high heat for about one minute.
- Add in the popping corn and cover.
- When the first kernal has popped, quickly and carefully remove lid and add in the chocolate syrup. Cover.
- Wait until you hear more popping, then begin shaking and moving the pan as the rest of the corn pops. Babysit the corn and keep moving the pan so that it doesn't burn.
- When the popping sounds get slower, and most of the corn is popped, turn off heat and let the last few kernals pop before removing lid.
- Remove lid and add chocolate chips. Then stir with a large spoon to toss around the melting chips.
- Add in nuts, if you wish and salt as you continue to toss and mix the popcorn.
- Pour it out on a cookie sheet to cool - or into a bowl if you want to eat it all warm and gooey.