1/2 Photos of Chocolate Pomegranate Seeds
So easy it's almost ridiculous! :) These chocolate-covered pomegranate seeds are a great addition to the holiday season, and the kids will like helping to make them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large pomegranates
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- wax paper
- 1Refrigerate the pomegranates (not required, but it helps).
- 2Remove all the seeds and place them in a colander.
- 3Gently rinse the seeds, then lay them out on paper towels to let them dry.
- 4Lay out a large sheet of wax paper on a a cookie sheet which will fit inside your refrigerator.
- 5Melting the chocolate the easy way: put the chocolate chips in a glass container (I'd use my big 4-cup Pyrex measuring thingy) and microwave them until they're melted, stirring occasionally; don't overdo it, though- you don't want the chocolate to burn or get tough.
- 6Melting the chocolate another way: in a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips (if you don't have a double boiler a metal or oven-safe glass dish over boiling water works too); stir constantly while melting so you don't scorch the chocolate.
- 7Add the pomegranate seeds to the melted chocolate (making sure the seeds are not wet on the surface, or else the chocolate can seize) and fold gently with rubber spatula until the seeds are thoroughly covered, then spoon out globs of the mixture, whatever size you like, on to the wax paper.
- 8Place the wax papered cookie sheet in the refrigerator and let the chocolate-covered seeds cool overnight (or for as long as you can stand before tasting them).
- 9Keep refrigerated- they should keep for 3-4 days, at least, although I doubt they'll last that long once you taste them.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Pomegranate Seeds
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.3
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 21.9 g
- Protein 1.9 g