Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
This really is not difficult.They are rich,elegant,and wonderful for parties! 8)
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry, thawed according to directions (9 1/2" square)
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 1⁄2 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons blanched almonds, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400.
- Place pastry on lightly floured surface,& sprinkle with a little flour.
- Roll out to form 12-inch square,& brush away excess flour.
- Trim edges making a perfect square,cut the pastry to nine 3 1/2-inch squares.
- Transfer them to parchment-lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl,whisk egg yolk& the heavy cream.
- Neatly brush a little of the egg wash along 2 of the edges of each square.
- Place the chocolate (divided equally)& 1/4 teaspoon of the almonds on each square.
- Fold down the unwashed edges to close the chocolate,forming a triangle.
- Gently,yet firmly,using fingers,press the pastry edges together to sealing them.
- Put the baking sheet in the freezer for 20 minutes,or until chilled throughly.
- Remove from the freezer,brush the tops of the turnovers with the remaining egg wash.
- Bake until they are puffed& golden,approximately 15 minutes.