Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I was sifting through some of my mother's recipes. Hope you like it! Sounds delish!
- 2⁄3 cup Karo light corn syrup or 2⁄3 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream or 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate or 2 (4 ounce) packages Baker's German's chocolate
- your favorite sliced fruit
- In medium saucepan stir corn syrup and cream.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate; stir until completely melted.
- Serve warm as a dip for fruit.
THis is perfect for serving a crowd and actually works out better than dipping strawberries, on which the chocolate hardens and can separate, making a big mess. There is a little technique to twisting the berry once it has been dipped, so that no dip drips... kind of a curlique.
Really OUTSTANDING dip! I made this specifically as a chocolate dip for the candied orange peel [ZAAR Candied Orange Peel] that I recently made! Together they're great! Will be dipping more than just the orange peel in it in the future! Definitely want to keep this on file! Many thanks for posting it!
Wow, we would give this 10 stars if we could! I served it with Entenmenns Little Brownie Bites and it was really to die for. Thank you so much for this perfect recipe!