Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Taken from Fleischmann's/Sunsweet ad in Good Housekeeping. Prep and cook time unknown.
Make and share this Chocolate Plum Thumbprints recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup chopped dried plum
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup water
- In medium saucepan, combine dried plums, sugar and 1/2 cup water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in walnuts and chocolate morsels.
- Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat margarine with electric mixer until softened.
- Add brown sugar; beat until smooth.
- In seperate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add flour mixture to margarine mixture, beating until well combined.
- Stir in milk and oats.
- Shape into 1 1/4 balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Press down center of each ball with thumb.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon dried plum mixture into center of each cookie.
- Bake for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Let stand 1 minute before removing to wire racks.
I am surprised this recipe hasn't been reviewed yet! I can't give a star review since I did not make it as written. The recipe for the dough is a keeper, love the texture and brown sugar and oats (I used scant 2 cups of fine oats). It is a perfect hearty base for the crowning deep flavour of the plum jam I used for the fill. I call these "the darker side of thumbprints" because of the wintery rich flavours. I incorporated crushed walnuts by rolling the balls in it after step 10(no eggwash needed). Lovely change to one's usual cookie! Thank you...