- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, cut into pieces
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (I omit these) or 1⁄2 cup pecans (I omit these)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan melt margarine and choclate over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Remove from heat, cool slightly Add flour, walnuts, baking powder,salt, sugar and eggs, add chocolate to mixture.
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour for easier handling.
- Heat oven to 300 degrees, shape dough into 1 inch balls, roll balls into powdered sugar, coating heavily, place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheet, bake for 13-18 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet to cool.