Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
A lot like brownies, only a cookie and rolled in powder sugar.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- powdered sugar
- Melt margarine and chocolate. Cool slightly. Stir in remaining ingredients, except powdered sugar; blend well. Chill dough for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 300°F Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in powdered sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until edges are set. Remove immediately from cookie sheet.
These were delicious! Loved that they were like a brownie but a cookie! The dough was easy to work with too, not too sticky. Will definitely be making these more often.
I cant wait to try these... they look soooo YUMMY! Thanks for the recipe. I'll let you know how they are. I have made them, and they are delicious. I think I have a recipe like them that I've made before. Remember to not cook them too long, though. I almost did. :) Thanks for a good recipe!
These are a holiday must in my home. Every year they go into the cookie baskets I make for friends and family, and every year they are loved. The only thing I do differently is most of the time I don't add the nuts. I try to stay away from nuts when baking for other people just in case they have allergies. Other then that this is the exact recipe I use and it sure is a good one!