Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy to make and attractive. If you are making these for Christmas decorate with colored peel, cherries or small marzipan holly leaves
- 1⁄3 cup pistachios, natural not dyed
- 1⁄4 cup semisweet chocolate piece (or Chips)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 pinch cream of tartar
- 2⁄3 cup berry sugar (very fine sugar)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven 250f, grease and flour 2 cookie sheets.
- In your blender or food processor combine pistachios and the chocolate,whirl until very finely chopped, reserve.
- Beat egg whites& cream of tartar until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add the sugar, 1 tbsp at a time and beat until very stiff peaks are formed.
- Fold in the chocolate-nut mixture& vanilla.
- Using a tsp drop small mounds of meringue on the prepared cookie sheets leaving about 1" between.
- Bake 30 minutes or until the meringues are firm but not brown.
- Let stand several minutes on the cookie sheets, loosen carefully, transfer to wire rack.
- Store in a tightly covered container.
This was easy to make and my DH really liked them. I found them to be very chocolaty and did not taste the pistachios at all...Will definatlly try this one again only using half the chocolate and maybe adding some cherries as you suggested...Would definatly make a good Christmas treats