My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 slices Italian bread (preferably a day old) or 6 slices French bread, cut diagonally 1-inch thick (preferably a day old)
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate or 3 ounces dark chocolate
- 6 teaspoons unsalted pistachio nuts, chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick) or 1/4 cup margarine (1/2 stick)
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1With a serrated knife, cut a pocket horizontally in each slice o f bread through the top crust. Cut the candy bar into 6 rectangles.
- 2Fill each bread slice with a piece of chocolate and 1 teaspoon pistachios.
- 3In a shallow dish or pie plate, whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, and nutmeg.
- 4On a griddle or in a large skillet over medium heat, melt and spread 1 tablespoon butter.
- 5Dip the filled bread slices, one at a time, into the egg mixture, turning to coat both sides and being careful not to squeeze out the chocolate filling.
- 6Cook the slices, several at a time, on the hot griddle until they are browned on both sides.
- 7Add more butter as needed.
- 8Transfer the French toast to heated plates and dust with confectioners' sugar just before serving.
- 9A family oriented website http://home.sprynet.com/~jmjohnsn Seasonal Page Topic - Fall Foliage
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Pistachio French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (671 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1814.6
- Calories from Fat 1113
- Total Fat 123.7 g
- Saturated Fat 68.1 g
- Cholesterol 705.6 mg
- Sodium 1431.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 155.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.2 g
- Sugars 58.6 g
- Protein 50.3 g