Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Chocolate Pistachio Cheesecake Recipe from The Seasons restaurant in Appleton.
- 2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted pistachios, ground in a food processor
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 ounces butter, melted
Chocolate Cheesecake Filling
- 1 lb cream cheese (room temperature)
- 6 ounces dark chocolate, melted
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsalted pistachios
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all crust ingredients and mix until well combined. Press the cookie mixture into the bottom and sides of a 10-inch tart pan. Bake the crust until fragrant, about 8 minutes. Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before adding the filling.
- To prepare the filling, place the cream cheese and sugar in a large metal bowl and, using an electric mixer, beat until creamy and smooth, about 4 minutes. Turn the mixer off and scrape the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Continue mixing on low and add the egg; beat to incorporate. Scrape the sides of the bowl again. With the mixer still on low, pour in melted chocolate, and mix.
- Pour the filling mixture over the cooled crust. If the mixture is too firm to settle, smooth the top of the filling with a few drops of water. Bake until the cake rises and puffs at the center, about 25 minutes. Remove fr om the oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before proceeding.
- To make the cream, combine powdered sugar and pistachios in a food processor. While the processor is running, slowly pour in heavy cream.
- Within a few minutes the mixture will thicken. Spread the cream over the cheesecake.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!
Fabulously delicious! And wonderful that every part of this, including the crust, was so tasty. My only change was to reduce the sugar in the crust and the cream (personal taste preference). In making the crust, I halved the sugar and increased the pistachios; in making the pistacchio cream (I used low-fat cream), I again halved the sugar and increased the pistachios by adding an additional 1/2 cup. For the chocolate in the filling, I used top quality German chocolate from Aldi's. I am looking forward to making this again for family and friends. Thank you so much for sharing this fabulous recipe, Jess. Made for PRMR.
This was a FANTASTIC DESSERT !! The filling was amazing, and the cream was better yet. A nice dessert for the whole family. The only thing I did different was used fat-free butter, but other than that recipe was made as posted. DELICIOUS !