Recipe by KeyWee
This moist and not-too-sweet dessert bread is great for snacking or for a brunch table.
Top Review by dbaied
Yummy!!!!....It is like a soft bread, like a pudding bread almost. I used a little less cocoa powder, ommited the chocolate chips...and also to give it a more pistachio flavor I used an instant pistachio pudding mix (but Royal). I don't really like the mix in itself so I decided to use it in a bread, I could taste the mix so maybe I should use a better pistachio mix next time. But quite delicious and not too sweet.<br/><br/>I also used brown sugar instead.<br/>I think next time i'll put even less cocoa powder because I wanted to bread to turn out green and have more of the pistachio flavor. Thanks for the recipe!
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pistachio nut
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- decorating sugar (for topping) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease bottom and sides of a 9x5x3 loaf pan with shortening.
- Mix sugar, butter, milk and egg in a large bowl until well blended.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except decorating sugar.
- Pour batter into loaf pan.
- Sprinkle with decorating sugar, if desired.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan.
- Loosen sides of loaf from pan and remove loaf to a wire rack to cool.
- Cool 2 hours before slicing.