Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
This moist and not-too-sweet dessert bread is great for snacking or for a brunch table.
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pistachio nut
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- decorating sugar (for topping) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease bottom and sides of a 9x5x3 loaf pan with shortening.
- Mix sugar, butter, milk and egg in a large bowl until well blended.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except decorating sugar.
- Pour batter into loaf pan.
- Sprinkle with decorating sugar, if desired.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan.
- Loosen sides of loaf from pan and remove loaf to a wire rack to cool.
- Cool 2 hours before slicing.
Yummy!!!!....It is like a soft bread, like a pudding bread almost. I used a little less cocoa powder, ommited the chocolate chips...and also to give it a more pistachio flavor I used an instant pistachio pudding mix (but Royal). I don't really like the mix in itself so I decided to use it in a bread, I could taste the mix so maybe I should use a better pistachio mix next time. But quite delicious and not too sweet.<br/><br/>I also used brown sugar instead.<br/>I think next time i'll put even less cocoa powder because I wanted to bread to turn out green and have more of the pistachio flavor. Thanks for the recipe!
Absolutely enjoyed the combo of titled flavors here (Pistachios are one of my favorite nutes!), & the double-hit of chocolate was wonderful! The 1st few slices were served with a scoop of frozen vanilla yogurt & a drizzle of homemade chocolate syrup! Definitely a keeper recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the current Comfort Cafe for my 'Cocoa, Not Just a Drink!' theme]
Super easy to make and lots of chocolate flavor. The mix of pistachio and chocolate works well (who would have guessed?). I baked this for 50 minutes and did not use the decorating sugar.