Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe, although slightly tweaked, came to me from Taste of Home online, & being the chocoholic lover of pistachios who really enjoys biscotti, there was no way I could pass it up! The cooking time is figured with one cookie sheet in the oven at a time.
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup pistachios, shelled
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter & the 1 cup of sugar until light & fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, then add the vanilla, beating well to incorporate the extract.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder & cinnamon, then add it to the creamed mixture & mix well.
- Stir the chips, nuts & cranberries into the sticky creamed mixture, then divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- On each of 2 ungreased baking sheets, shape 2 portions into rectangles 10-inches long by 2 1/2-inches wide.
- Sprinkle the 4 rectangles with the 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until set, then carefully remove the rectangles to wire racks & let cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the rectangles to a cutting board & cut each of them into 10 slices, placing the pieces cut side down on the baking sheets.
- Bake from 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until lightly browned, then remove to wire racks to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.