Recipe by Chef mariajane
Another great recipe that can be made in a few minutes, but is just simply delicious to the tastebuds!!
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened, plus more for baking sheet
- 2 cups flour, plus more for baking sheets
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup shelled pistachio nut
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- pistachio ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F Butter and flour a baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, soda and salt. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs; beat until well combined, scraping down sides of bowl if necessary. Add flour mixture, and stir to form a stiff dough. Stir in pistachios and chocolate chips.
- Transfer dough to prepared baking sheet; form into a slightly flattened log, about 12 x 4 inches. Bake until slightly firm, about 25 minutes. Cool about 5 minutes. Reduce oven to 300°F.
- On a cutting board, using a sharp serrated knife cut biscotti diagonally into 1-inch thick slices. Arrange biscotti, cut side down, on a baking sheet, and bake until crisp but still slightly soft in the center, about 8 minutes.
- Serve with pistachio ice-cream.