Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Recipe courtesy of CheftoChef.com
- 2 1⁄4 cups unbleached flour
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 3⁄4 tablespoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, medium
- 3⁄4 teaspoon orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup pistachio nut, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and blend.
- Cream the butter and sugar in your mixer on medium speed. Slow the mixer and add eggs and orange juice.
- With the mixer still on slow, add the dry ingredients, then the nuts and chocolate chips.
- Shape into one log, one inch high and four to five inches wide. Bake for 30 minutes, until firm. Let cool and slice into twelve 1 inch thick pieces. Lay the slices on their side and bake an additional 15 minutes, until crisp. Store up to 1 week in an airtight container.