Found in the Dec/Jan 1996 issue of Taste of Home, submitted by Patricia Kile.
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soften 1/2 cup of the butter.
- 2Cream with the sugars.
- 3Add egg and 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
- 4Add flour, baking powder, and 1/8 teaspoons of the salt and beat well.
- 5Divide dough in half and place each half between two sheets of wax paper.
- 6Roll each half of dough out into a 12 inch by 10 inch rectangle.
- 7Chill until almost firm, about 30 minutes.
- 8Meanwhile melt chocolate chips and remaining 2 tbsp butter.
- 9Add remaining 1/4 teaspoons vanilla and 1/4 teaspoons salt and mix well.
- 10Spread 1/2 of mixture over each rectangle of dough.
- 11Roll each rectangle up into a tight jelly roll and wrap in wax paper.
- 12Chill until firm, about 2 hours.
- 13Cut each roll into 1/8 inch slices and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- 14Bake at 350 F until lightly browned, about 7-10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Pinwheels
Serving Size: 1 (19 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 50
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 88.2
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 9.8 mg
- Sodium 41.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: