Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
Just like red and green icebox cookies but no food coloring and the addition of chocolate chips
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips, Melted
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together , set aside.
- Blend butter and sugar till smooth. Add the egg yolks, milk and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture.
- Divide the dough. Set ine half aside and mix the other half with the melted chocolate chips.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill 20-30 minutes.
- Roll out each into 1/4" in thickness.
- Lay the 2 doughs on top of each other and roll them up like you would a jelly roll.
- Chill for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice cookie dough 1/8" thick. Place on an ungreased cookie tray about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes till golden brown.