Recipe by Lunchmeat
My husband, who I affectionately call Meathead, came up with this recipe. I bake this cake for him and his lunch pals, as well as for our neighbors who don't cook/bake much anymore. They all seem to really like it!
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix, with pudding in the mix
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (20 ounce) can cherry pie filling (I use the extra fruit kind)
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple slices, drained and dried
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 6 maraschino cherries
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and flour a bundt pan. Lay pineapple slices in bottom of pan (mine held six slices), then put a maraschino cherry in the middle of each slice.
- Roughly chop the remaining pineapple slices.
- Combine cake mix, extract, eggs and vegetable oil with mixer, until all cake mix is somewhat moist. Fold in, by hand, the pie filling, chopped pineapple and pecans.
- Spoon batter evenly over the pineapple slices in bundt pan. Bake at 350F for 40-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly in pan then invert cake onto a platter.