Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
My husband, who I affectionately call Meathead, came up with this recipe. I bake this cake for him and his lunch pals, as well as for our neighbors who don't cook/bake much anymore. They all seem to really like it!
- Grease and flour a bundt pan. Lay pineapple slices in bottom of pan (mine held six slices), then put a maraschino cherry in the middle of each slice.
- Roughly chop the remaining pineapple slices.
- Combine cake mix, extract, eggs and vegetable oil with mixer, until all cake mix is somewhat moist. Fold in, by hand, the pie filling, chopped pineapple and pecans.
- Spoon batter evenly over the pineapple slices in bundt pan. Bake at 350F for 40-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly in pan then invert cake onto a platter.