Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
DELISH! Retrieved this from a magazine, loved it, saving here so I can make again soon....hope you enjoy!
- For sauce, in a small saucepan heat port to boiling; reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, 3 to 4 minutes or until reduced to 1/3 cup. Add 1 tablespoon sugar; cook and stir 1 minute. Add cherries; cook 2 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and whisk in butter; cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat until temperature reaches 350 degrees F. While oil heats, lightly brush edges of one wonton wrapper with some of the beaten egg. Place 1 piece of chocolate in center atop wonton wrapper. Place another wonton wrapper atop. Press edges to seal.
- Cook filled wontons, one at a time, in hot oil for 1 minute or until golden brown, turning frequently to brown evenly. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Adjust heat as needed to maintain oil temperature. Cool wontons slightly. Sprinkle wontons evenly with sugar.
- Serve wontons with sauce and ice cream. Sprinkle ice cream with grated chocolate and serve with two spoons. Makes 2 servings.
- *TIP: If using zinfandel, increase sugar in sauce to 2 tablespoons.
I saw this in the magazine, too and had to try. Def. do not over cook or they are too hard to eat. I did not make mine w/ the sauce and icecream and I wish I did. This dessert def. needs a sauce (any) and would've tasted sooooo much better w/ icecream.