Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
These look like little ravioli only they're filled with chocolate :)
- 1⁄2 cup port wine or 1⁄2 cup red Zinfandel wine
- 1 tablespoon sugar (2 tbsp if using zinfandel)
- 1⁄4 cup dried tart cherry
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups canola oil (other cooking oils ok)
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 ounces bar bittersweet chocolate, cut into 6 pieces
- vanilla ice cream
- grated bittersweet chocolate
- Heat port to boiling in saucepan; reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, 3 to 4 minutes or until reduced to 1/3 cup.
- Add sugar; cook and stir 1 minute. Add cherries, cook 2 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Whisk in butter; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat until temperature reaches 350 degrees F. While oil heats, brush edges of 1 wonton wrapper with beaten egg. Place 1 piece of chocolate in center. Top with another wrapper to form pillow. Press edges to seal. Repeat with wrappers, beaten egg, and chocolate.
- Cook filled pillows, 1 at a time, in hot oil for 1 minute or until golden, turning frequently. Remove with slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels. Adjust heat as needed to maintain oil temperature. Cool slightly; sprinkle with sugar.
- Serve pillows with cherry sauce and ice cream. Sprinkle ice cream with grated remaining pillows up to 24 hours.