Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
You must try this!
- 1 (10 ounce) packagerold gold brand classic thins pretzels
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares, broken into small pieces
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Crush pretzels very fine in a blender or food processor.
- Add sugar and butter or margarine. Mix well.
- Press into a 9" pie plate.
- Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Cool. Fill with Chocolate Filling.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, milk and chocolate in the top of a double boiler. Cook over boiling water until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Cover and continue to cook 15 minutes.
- Stir part of the hot chocolate mixture into the egg yolks. Add to the chocolate mixture and mix thoroughly. Cool. Add vanilla extract and mix thoroughly.
- Makes one 9-inch pie.
Filling was great! Pie crust never set up - it was just a buch of pretzel crumbs when we cut the pie.