Recipe by Pinay0618
I found this recipe somewhere ... sometime ... I was looking for a receipt in my wallet and found it hastily scrawled on the back of yet another receipt :) I'm sure I had it in mind for a specific pie, but darned if I can remember which one.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 1⁄2 ounces butter, softened
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour and cocoa powder together. Stir to combine and place in bowl of food processor with softened butter. Pulse until you have pea-sized crumbles. Add sugar, eggs, vanilla and water to food processor; pulse until mixture forms a ball. Remove from processor and knead lightly, adding flour if the dough is too wet, and water if the dough is too dry.
- Use as you would "regular" pie dough. Note: This is enough dough for a single-crust pie.