Recipe by V'nut-Beyond Redemption
I adopted this recipe during the Great Recipe Adoption of Feb 2005. I haven't tried it out yet. But I shall be trying this recipe soon and once I do, I'll update it with my comments. Please feel free to do so and post your comments. Update: I have taken into account comments about the milk and have made some amendments. Thanks.
Top Review by Deise Hunt
I am a true chocolate pie lover. I cooked the pie as directed using one deep dish 9" pie pan and a ready made refrigerated pie crust (next time I will make it with my own crust). The filling sliced very well and yet it was creamy and delicious. I made the meringue using the 2 egg whites from the eggs used in the filling, adding 1/4 tsp of cream of tartar and 3 tbsp of sugar, and then baking at 400 degrees until golden. Over all very good.
- 2 tablespoons flour, heaping
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 (10 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour,cocoa,sugar.
- Add egg yolks.
- Add milk a little at a time until you have the dry ingredients and eggs mixed well.
- Add vanilla and butter.
- Cook over medium heat until thick stirring constantly.
- Pour into baked pie shell.
- Top with meringue and brown.