Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is the recipe that I use for a quick everyday cake, tastes great, and very easy to make.
- 56.69 g unsweetened chocolate
- 295.73 ml flour
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1 egg
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 177.44 ml cold water
- 78.07 ml oil
- 236.59 ml chocolate chips
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Set oven to second lowest position.
- Grease an 8-inch square or round pan.
- In the microwave melt chocolate squares; cool 10 minutes.
- In a bowl combine the flour with baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat egg and sugar until well combined.
- Beat in the water and oil.
- Stir in melted chocolate and dry ingredients; mix until blended.
- Pour batter into greased pan then sprinkle chocolate chips over batter.
- Bake for 32-38 minuntes or until cake tests done.
This is a very good and easy dessert to make. My husband thought they were rich but I didn't think so. They are a cross between brownies and chocolate cake. I used 2 ounces of semisweet chocolate since that's what I had and I also used milk chocolate chips for the top. I will definately make this again when I need a fast dessert. Thanks for the recipe.
This was a VERY good simple chocolate snack cake recipe! I didn't have any unsweetened chocolate, so I used 6 tbsp of cocoa powder and 2 tbsp of oil to replace it. I also substited 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce for the 1/3 cup of oil to cut down on fat. It worked and it came out very moist. This is just a great quick cake you can whip up last minute to satisfy your sweet tooth/chocolate craving! Thanks for the recipe Kittencal!
I was having a chocolate craving and this is what I ended up making. It was so easy to put together! And best of all it was delicious and satisfied my craving! Thanks for posting Kittencal!