Recipe by Acerast
I originally found this recipe in a Pillsbury Classic cookbook. Now it has become a family classic because my family loves this tasty snack cake. I often prepare the topping, put it in a baggie and take it with us to the lake cottage where I can make this simple cake with few ingredients and little effort. We make a quick stop for dairy products and we have to buy Bareman's sour cream (from Holland Michigan) it is divine! This cake makes the family happy and gives me time to read a good book lakeside.
- 1 (18 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9x13 baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, sour cream, eggs and water.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon, chocolate chips and coconut.
- Sprinkle over cake batter.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.