- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, sugar, egg and vanilla in large mixer bowl.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt then add to creamed mixture.
- Shape soft dough into two rolls, 1 1/2 inchs in diameter.
- Cut one roll into 1/8-inch slices and arrange slices with edges touching, on bottom and up side of a greased 9-inch pie pan.
- Small spaces in crust will not affect pie.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Note: Remaining roll of dough may be frozen for later use.