Prep 0 mins
Cook 12 mins
Though dissimilar in appearance, on the first bite of this cookie you'll think Girl Scouts Thin Mints! King Arthur Flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line cookie sheets with parchment.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in the vanilla and peppermint extract.
- Add the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt, beating to combine.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough by the tablespoonful on the cookie sheets.
- Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes, until they're slightly darker around the edges.
- Remove them from the oven, and transfer to a rack to cool.