1/3 Photos of Chocolate Peppermint Slice
This is from the Family Circle's Complete Muffins Cookies and Cakes cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup self raising flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 140 g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 30 g Copha, melted (white vegetable shortening)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1Preheat the oven to 180C (350F). Lihtly grease a shallow tin 18 x 28cm (7 x 11 inches) and line with baking paper, leaving the paper hanging over two sides (to make it easier to remove later).
- 2Sift the flour and the cocoa into a bowl. Stir in the coconut and sugar, then add the butter and egg and mix well.
- 3Press the mix firmly into the tin, bake for 15 minutes, then press down with the back of a spoon and leave to cool.
- 4For the peppermint filling, sift the icing sugar into a bowl. Stir in the copha, milk and essence. Spread over base and refrigerate for 5-10 minutes until firm.
- 5For the chocolate topping, put the chocolate and copha in a heatproof bowl. Melt over simmering water (making sure water does not touch the bowl). Spread mixture evenly over the filling, refrigerate for 20 minutes or until firm.
- 6Carefully lift the slice from the tin, using paper as handles. Cut into pieces with a warm knife to give clean edges. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Peppermint Slice
Serving Size: 1 (35 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.8
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 20.4 mg
- Sodium 11.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 1.9 g