From Betty Crocker. This originally had a chocolate glaze and crushed peppermint candies added to the top but I found they weren't necessary. Tip: Cut the rounds into wedges while they are warm, but do not remove them from the pie plates until they are completely cool so they won’t break.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 325°F Thoroughly grease 2 (9-inch) glass pie plates.
- 2In large bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, chocolate and peppermint extract with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- 3On low speed, beat in flour and 1/3 cup cocoa.
- 4Divide dough in half. With lightly floured hands, press dough evenly in pie plates. Lightly score (about half-way through) into 12 wedges per plate and poke several holes with a fork into each wedge.
- 5Bake 22 to 24 minutes or until puffed and edges just begin to pull away from sides of pie plates.
- 6Cool in pie plates 5 minutes. Carefully cut each round along the previous score lines into 12 wedges. Cool completely in pie plates on cooling rack, about 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Peppermint Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.5
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 68.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 1.5 g