Recipe by flower7
From Betty Crocker. This originally had a chocolate glaze and crushed peppermint candies added to the top but I found they weren't necessary. Tip: Cut the rounds into wedges while they are warm, but do not remove them from the pie plates until they are completely cool so they won’t break.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted & cooled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325°F Thoroughly grease 2 (9-inch) glass pie plates.
- In large bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, chocolate and peppermint extract with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- On low speed, beat in flour and 1/3 cup cocoa.
- Divide dough in half. With lightly floured hands, press dough evenly in pie plates. Lightly score (about half-way through) into 12 wedges per plate and poke several holes with a fork into each wedge.
- Bake 22 to 24 minutes or until puffed and edges just begin to pull away from sides of pie plates.
- Cool in pie plates 5 minutes. Carefully cut each round along the previous score lines into 12 wedges. Cool completely in pie plates on cooling rack, about 30 minutes.