Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I was always looking for a recipe for thin mints, but the ones I've tried have always come out so-so. I decided to make this instead, which tastes fairly the same to me, but easier.
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 cups butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 (4 2/3 ounce) packages Andes mints candies, broken into pieces (28 pcs. per box)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using a hand mixer, cream the sugar, butter, and vanilla together.
- Mix in the flour and cocoa powder.
- By hand, fold the mints into the dough.
- Spoon by rounded teaspoons onto an ungreased baking sheet, about 1 inch apart, they do not spread very much.
- Put them in the oven for 12-14 minutes.
- Take them out and let them cool completely before removing them from the tray.
- If you make them in the recommended size, they'll end up being about 2 inches in diameter.