1/2 Photos of Chocolate Peppermint Scones
An award winning recipe from Taste of Home magazine. Perfect for the holidays!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 3/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candy
- 1In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 2In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt, buttermilk, egg and extract; add to crumb mixture just until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 3Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times.
- 4Divide dough in half; transfer each portion to a greased baking sheet.
- 5Pat into a 6-in. circle. Cut into six wedges, but do not separate.
- 6Sprinkle with sugar.
- 7Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until puffed and tops are cracked.
- 8Remove to wire racks; cool slightly.
- 9Drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle with peppermint candies.
- 10Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Peppermint Scones
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.7
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 38.2 mg
- Sodium 262.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: