1 hr 10 mins
A perfect holiday tradition with just the right amount of peppermint and chocolate to complement each other.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 ml peppermint extract
- 6 drops red food coloring
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream
- 2 cups vanilla wafers (about 60 wafers)
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons milk
- whipped cream, can
- 1/2 crushed candy cane
- 1Heat marshmallows and 1/2 cup milk in saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, just until marshmallows have melted.
- 2Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, salt, and peppermint extract.
- 3Refrigerate, stirring occasionally, until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from a spoon.
- 4Beat whipping cream in chilled bowl until stiff.
- 5Stir marshmallow mixture until blended and fold into the whipped cream.
- 6Add food coloring and mix thoroughly.
- 7Keep in refrigerator until needed.
- 8Smash vanilla wafers by putting them in a large plastic baggie and using a kitchen hammer to crush them.
- 9Combine crumbs, cocoa, and sugar in a bowl.
- 10Stir in butter.
- 11Pres mixture onto bottom and sides of a 9" pie pan.
- 12Bake at 350 degrees for 9 minutes.
- 13Combine chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons of milk in small saucepan over medium heat stirring occasionally.
- 14When melted and smooth, pour into bottom of pie crust after it comes out of the oven and smooth it out.
- 15Refrigerate pie crust.
- 16When chocolate layer hardens, pour marshmallow mixture into pie crust and smooth to edges.
- 17Top with spray whipped cream around edges and in center.
- 18Sprinkle whip cream with crushed candy cane pieces.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Peppermint Pie
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.1
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 53.0 mg
- Sodium 122.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 20.6 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: