Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
These are guilt-free and melt in your mouth. "Creamed coconut" might also be known as "coconut butter" or "coconut cream concentrate," and you can find recipes to make your own from fresh or dried coconut online. Cooking time = chilling time.
- 7 ounces creamed coconut
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Soften coconut - you can use the microwave, or a double boiler, or submerge your container in hot water. In a very warm house it might be soft enough already!
- Stir in peppermint extract and cocoa powder until thoroughly mixed. Taste as you go - I didn't measure how much I used so this is an estimate.
- Pour into candy molds, mini muffin tins, ice cube trays, very small cups, or whatever else you need to get the shape you'd like.
- Refrigerate or freeze until solid, and store in the refrigerator.