Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great tasting dessert to eat any time.
Make and share this Chocolate Peppermint Bark recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate or 12 ounces dark chocolate
- 12 ounces white chocolate
- 4 candy canes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Melt semi-sweet/dark chocolate in a double boiler or in a bowl over a pan of hot water.
- Line a 9"x13" dish with aluminum foil.
- Pour into dish and spread evenly. Chill.
- Melt white chocolate.
- Cruch candy canes in a plastic bag.
- Pour white chocolate on top of semi-sweet/dark chocolate and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle crushed candy cane pieces over white chocolate.
- Refrigerate until set.
- When chocolate is hardened, break into pieces.
Delicious and so easy to make. I used a rimmed cookie sheet that was just a little larger than 13x9. A bag of Nestle semi-sweet chocolate chips and a bag of Nestle white chocolate chips worked great. The instructions don't say it, but I did stir the peppermint extract into the melted white chocolate. I think this recipe is going to be a new holiday tradition in our house!
i made this and it came out perfect, i gave as part of a Secret Santa Gift and she devoured it~ i used a cookie sheet to make it though...
I made these to include in my gift baskets for Christmas. These came out wonderful!! And they're so much cheaper to make yourself instead of buying them because they're always ridiculously marked up. The only thing I may do in the future is to spread the melted chocolate out in a larger pan because they were a little too thick for me in a 9x13 dish, which made it a little difficult to break up into pieces.