Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Amounts are very approximate guesses (I don't usually measure the first time I make something from scratch). This is a good sauce paired with steak. It's a bit spicy, but you can tone back on the peppers.
- Combine Chicken Stock, Brown Sugar, Ponzu, Soy, Peppercorn, Ginger, & Cocoa Powder in sauce pot over medium-high heat. (NOTE that Ponzu is a citrus soy sauce. Soy + drops of lemon juice can be substituted).
- Whisk until well combined.
- Bring to simmer, whisking frequently. The chocolate should be integrated into the liquid.
- Combine Corn Starch and Water in a separate dish. Do not let settle.
- Add Corn Starch mixture to sauce pot.
- Whisk over heat until thickened.
- Add Cayenne from shaker.
- Whisk Cayenne into sauce.
- Serve with steak.