Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This recipe originally comes from Gerhard Jenne's book "Decorating Cakes and Cookies". He ices them with red and orange coloured water cing and then ices devilish little faces to make cute Halloween cookies. I made these at Christmas last year with out any icing and they disappeared very quickly as it is a very good recipe. Serving numbers are a guess but it does make a few. I tend to roll them out and use cutouts instead of doing the slice and bake routine.
- 50 g butter
- 75 g caster sugar
- 50 g brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg, beaten
- 125 g flour, sifted
- 25 g cocoa
- 1 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 125 g baking chocolate, finely chopped or 125 g chocolate chips
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the vanilla and then the egg.
- Add the dry ingredients.
- Lastly add the chocolate and mix until well combined.
- Shape into a log and chill for 1 hour minimum.
- Can remain chilled for up to one week if preparing in advance.
- Cut off 4mm slices to form the cookies and bake on baking paper for 10-12 minutes at 180 degrees Celcius.