Recipe by HokiesMom
From Simple and Delicious, submitted by L. Mead in Aug 2009 edition. These are great topped with fresh raspberries, fresh strawberries or bananas. Texture is crisper than standard fluffy waffle and the taste makes you drool.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 unsweetened chocolate squares, melted and cooled (2 oz total)
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, and sugar until foamy.
- Beat in the milk, butter and vanilla. Stir in the chocolate.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Stir in chocolate mixture just until combined; then fold in pecans.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown.
- Great served with fresh raspberries, strawberries or sliced bananas.