Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was in my local newspaper today (1.22) as a Super Bowl dessert but it looks & sounds so so so yummy!!
- 2 cups oreo chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
Praline Nut Layer
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
Cream Cheese Layer
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 ounces semisweet baking chocolate
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- Crust: Mix cookie crumbs and butter; press firmly onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Praline Nut Layer: Sprinkle pecans over crust.
- Place butter and brown sugar in saucepan; cook over medium heat until mixture comes to boil.
- Boil 2 to 4 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Pour over pecans; cool slightly.
- Cover; freeze 3 hours or until set.
- Cream Cheese Layer: Beat cream cheese, confectioners sugar and brown sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Spread over Praline Nut Layer.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- Ganache: Melt chocolate with cream in small heavy saucepan; cook on very low heat just until chocolate is melted, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; cool completely.
- Spread chocolate mixture over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Makes 16 servings.
- For Easier Cutting: Rinse knife in hot water, a wet knife will slice through this dessert easier and prevent the layers from sticking to the knife.