This was in my local newspaper today (1.22) as a Super Bowl dessert but it looks & sounds so so so yummy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups oreo chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
Praline Nut Layer
Cream Cheese Layer
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 ounces semisweet baking chocolate
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1Crust: Mix cookie crumbs and butter; press firmly onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- 2Praline Nut Layer: Sprinkle pecans over crust.
- 3Place butter and brown sugar in saucepan; cook over medium heat until mixture comes to boil.
- 4Boil 2 to 4 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- 5Pour over pecans; cool slightly.
- 6Cover; freeze 3 hours or until set.
- 7Cream Cheese Layer: Beat cream cheese, confectioners sugar and brown sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- 8Spread over Praline Nut Layer.
- 9Refrigerate until chilled.
- 10Ganache: Melt chocolate with cream in small heavy saucepan; cook on very low heat just until chocolate is melted, stirring frequently.
- 11Remove from heat; cool completely.
- 12Spread chocolate mixture over cream cheese layer.
- 13Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- 14Makes 16 servings.
- 15For Easier Cutting: Rinse knife in hot water, a wet knife will slice through this dessert easier and prevent the layers from sticking to the knife.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Pecan Torte
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 622.5
- Calories from Fat 448
- Total Fat 49.8 g
- Saturated Fat 27.6 g
- Cholesterol 118.8 mg
- Sodium 353.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 25.5 g
- Protein 5.0 g