Recipe by banad
This is a great recipe, and it melts in your mouth. Whenever I make this, it is gone in two days, or sooner!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter sides of heavy saucepan.
- Cook the butter, sugar, corn syrup, and water over medium heat until it reaches 290 degrees, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Spread coarsely chopped nuts evenly on a 9x9" baking pan.
- Pour sugar mixture onto baking pan.
- Spread to edges with a wooden spoon.
- Place finely chopped nuts on sugar mixture.
- Place chocolate chips on top of sugar mixture, then wait for them to melt.
- Once the chocolate chips melt, spread them evenly around sugar mixture and nuts.
- Put in cool place to harden.
- Break into pieces, and store covered in a refrigerator.