Prep 30 mins
Cook 22 mins
From a 1988 Pillsbury booklet.
- 1 (15 ounce) packagepillsbury all ready pie crusts
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 2⁄3 cup pecans, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 ounce square semisweet chocolate, melted, cooled
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- Allow both crust pouches to stand at room temperature for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Unfold each crust; remove top plastic sheets. Press out fold lines.
- Sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon flour. Spread flour evenly over crusts.
- Invert and remove remaining plastic sheets.
- Using a 2-5/8" to 2-3/4" round, scalloped cookie cutter, cut 12 rounds out of each crust.
- Gently press each round, floured side down, into 24 ungreased miniature muffin cups.
- Divide 1/3 cup of the nuts evenly in pie crust-lined muffin cups. In small bowl, beat brown sugar, chocolate, butter, vanilla, and egg only until smooth (do not overbeat; mixture should not be bubbly).
- Spoon teaspoonful of filling over nuts in each cup.
- Sprinkle with remaining nuts.
- Bake at 375°F for 18-22 minutes or until filling is set and crust is light golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute; remove from pans.