Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
This will make six 4-1/2-inch tarts, you can double the recipe if desired but make two separate pasty and filling recipes, do not double the recipe into one, or it can be made in a 9-inch tart pan fitted with the pastry crust. This makes a great dessert to a holiday dinner! If desired you can omit the bourbon.
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups pecan halves
- whipped cream
CREAM CHEESE PASTRY
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup flour
- For the pastry; in a bowl beat the cream cheese with butter at medium speed until smooth; add in flour then beat at low speed until a soft dough forms.
- Divide the pastry into 6 portions.
- Shape each into a ball.
- Press firmly into six (4-1/2 inch) tart pans.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over each pastry, then chill for 30 minutes.
- For the filling; in a large bowl beat eggs with white sugar, brown sugar, flour, corn syrup, melted butter, bourbon and vanilla until well blended using an electric mixer at medium speed.
- Pour into the chilled tart shells halfway full (you will have filling left).
- Arrange the pecan halves over the filling.
- Drizzle with remaining filling.
- Place the tarts on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45-50 minutes or until the filling is set.
- Cool and top with whipped cream.